It’s here! The Sephora Savings Event is starting TODAY for those of us that have Rouge Status. Reminder, you don’t get to access the Savings Event unless you’re a member of the free Beauty Insider program! Your membership allows you to collect points (I love to use mine on free products, but you can also use them for money off), get a yearly birthday present and many more perks. But, I think the Savings Event is my favorite part of the program!
The logistics you need to know:
- When can you shop? Rouge can shop the Event 10/27- 11/6, VIB and Insiders can shop the Event 10/31-11/6
- What is the discount? 20% off for Rouge, 15% for VIB, 10% for Insiders
- Is everything included? No, there are a few exclusions and a few limits regarding numbers of things you can purchase. Most of Sephora is included!
- Isn’t there something special about the Sephora Collection? Yes! All tiers can shop the Sephora Collection products (which are already an amazing deal) and get 30% off 10/27-11/6.
I’ve been planning my cart for quite a while. I usually place at least one (or two or three…) orders during this promotion. My first order is a very carefully planned purchase, usually full of products that I know I’ll need in the next 6 months. My favorite go-to products are included in this purchase, for myself and my family. I’ve used some of these products for years, and there’s a reason I always go back to them! My next purchases are usually full of things that I want, rather than need, for both myself and friends and family. This is when I try out something fun and new, like a great new face mask or body lotion. Finally, the splurges! This is the best time to buy that big ticket item that you’ve had your eye on for the last 6 months.
My Stock Ups:
• Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo: I swear I’ve tried all of the products out there, and none of them compare to the DryBar Dry Shampoo. I put this on at night, usually after I’ve washed my hair in the morning. Don’t wait for your hair to get greasy/oily! In the morning, you can’t even see it in my hair. But it adds volume (use in combination with the root lifter below), prevents my hair from getting greasy, and I swear it is the reason I can go about 4 days in between washings. And I can’t even feel it (or see it) in my hair! I only apply the day of washing, no need to apply nightly. I now buy in the extra big cans (as seen here), but I’ll also be stocking up on the travel sized version.
• Drybar Southern Belle Volume-Boosting Root Lifter: My hair is heavy and can easily get flat. A little root lifter on wet hair can make a big difference! This one lasts for days (yes, the dry shampoo helps, but it’s the combination of both that is key), and it doesn’t feel like I have a lot of product in my hair. I’ve tried others, but always come back to this product!
• Drybar Hot Toddy Heat Protectant Mist: I’ve fried my hair before, and trust me, it is not fun! I do quite a bit of heat styling, and while I apply leave in products to help protect my hair, I always apply a heat protectant right before using my flat iron or curling iron. This is the one I usually reach for, it adds some shine but doesn’t mess with my hair otherwise.
• Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Hair Cream: My current go-to smoothing cream. I apply a quarter sized dollop to my hair while damp, then style as usual.
• Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil or Kérastase Elixir Ultime Hydrating Hair Oil Serum: I love a good hair oil and these are the 2 I usually use. I like them both and don’t really differentiate between them.
• Oribe Superfine Hair Spray: My favorite hair spray, it does hold but is pretty touchable.
• Oribe The Cleanse Clarifying Shampoo: I use this about once every 1-2 weeks, especially in the summer when I’m swimming in our pool a lot. It doesn’t strip my hair color and removes any build up.
• Oribe Aprés Beach Wave and Shine Spray: I like to apply this to my hair after I’ve curled it. It adds a little extra texture and shine.
• Kérastase Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum Hydrating Treatment: 1 pump applied to the ends of my hair at bedtime helps make my hair look much healthier.
• Kérastase Resistance Strengthening Shampoo and Resistance Strengthening Conditioner OR Kérastase Chroma Absolu Shampoo and Chroma Absolu Strengthening Conditioner: Yes, I alternate usually between these 2 shampoo/conditioner duos. Both are great for my color treated and damaged hair.
• Kérastase Chroma Absolu High Shine Gloss Treatment: A treatment to make my hair sleek and shiny! Apply in the shower for no fuss.
• Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector: I think we all know what this is by now. I love to leave this on my hair overnight for extra damage repair!
• COLOR WOW Extra Strength Dream Coat: I thought the original was amazing, but the Extra Strength version is somehow even better! This lasts 2-3 shampoos, it cuts down a lot on frizz. That’s such a hair day saver in the midwest, we have a lot of humidity in the summer!
I’m one of those people that changes up parts of their skincare routine nightly, in response to what I’ve been doing that day or how my skin is looking that night. So, I keep a lot of products on hand!
• Tata Harper Regenerating BHA Exfoliating Cleanser: This is the cleanser currently living in my shower, so I can wash with it every morning! It has a refreshing citrus scent and just the right amount of evenly sized grit. It feels like it’s gently exfoliating without tearing up my face, which I love. I think I’m on my third or fourth bottle at this point.
• Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover: Forever my ride or die eye makeup remover. I’ll be buying gallons of this stuff, in all sizes.
• La Mer The Eye Concentrate Cream: A big splurge, but this super hydrating eye cream does a great job of prepping my under eye area for makeup.
• Crème de la Mer Moisturizer: My skin has definitely gotten drier as I’ve gotten older, and my skin really loves using La mer at night! It isn’t too heavy for my previously combination skin, and I’ve been using it year round with great results.
• La Mer The Lip Balm: Yes, this is the ultimate lip balm splurge! It has a great sweet/fruity flavor and isn’t sticky.
• La Mer The Radiant SkinTint SPF 30: My current go-to tinted moisturizer. It’s great if your skin is a tad dry, has light to medium coverage and just looks like my skin. But better.
• Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate: This is my first addition to my nightly skincare routine when my skin is feeling dry at all. I add a few drops to my skincare routine and the result is even glowier skin! I also apply anywhere I’m feeling dry in the winter, especially my hands.
• Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Minimizing Cleansing Clay Mask: This is my favorite mask for pulling everything out of my pores!
• Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser: My pre-teen daughter has been loving this cleanser. She says “it really gets me clean, Mom.” I’ve also noticed her skin looks a bit clearer since she switched to this in her nightly shower.
• Kiehl’s Super Fluid Daily UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+: My whole family’s favorite, we use this by our pool daily all summer, take it with us when we travel, and I currently have 4 bottles in my Sephora cart!
• Dior Backstage Concealer or NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: I love both of these concealers, though I tend to reach a little more for the Dior, which has a little more coverage.
• Dior Rosy Glow Blush: Just so pretty.
• Dior Backstage Glow Face Palette: My favorite highlighter, I like to use a combo of the white and pink shades on my inner eye, the rest of the colors get blended together for use on my cheekbones.
• Dior Addict Lip Glow: I have this in Clear and Pink in every purse I own! It’s also my favorite to prep my lips for a lip color.
• Guerlain KissKiss Bee Glow Lipstick Balm: Another tinted balm that I think I own every shade of. It’s pretty similar to the Dior, though a little lighter in feeling on my lips.
• Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick: When I want a bold lip, I reach for this! It applies so smoothly, 1 coat is all you need. This is #91 Indian Pink, but I have at least 5 other shades.
• Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder and Airbrush Flawless Finish Brightening Powder: My go to pressed powder, I usually use the brightening version under my eyes with a pouf to press it into my skin gently. I then apply a light layer of the regular powder to the rest of my face with a brush.
• Charlotte Tilbury Magic Vanish Color Corrector: A little of this corrector on the discoloration under my eyes makes me look so much more awake than 5 layers of concealer!
• Patrick Ta Major Skin Crème Foundation: When I want a little more coverage than my La Mer tinted moisturizer, I reach for this cream foundation. I apply a little just to areas that need it, and I love how it makes me skin look much better but not like I have a ton of makeup on.
• LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush and Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush: I’ll often layer a cream blush and then powder blush. These are my 2 go to products for that look! They’re both glowy and have super pretty shades. My favorites are Kindness and Encourage respectively.
For me, a splurge at the Sephora Savings Event usually means one of the big ticket items. Which means a hair appliance! I’ve tried most of them out there, these are my go-tos.
• Dyson Airstrait™ Straightener: I’ve gotten even better with my Airstrait since I first reviewed it (see A Hair Splurge with Dyson), and now going from wet to dry and straight hair takes me about 20 minutes. The results aren’t quite perfect (I need my SteamPod for that), but it’s definitely much better than just a rough blow dry that takes the same amount of time.
• T3 Switch Kit Wave Trio: I have quite a few curling irons and rods of different shapes and sizes, but the one I reach for the most is the classic 1″ barrel with a clip from this trio. I love that you essentially get 3 curling irons in 1, which is a bit of a deal.
• L’Oréal Professionnel Steampod Flat Iron & Styler: Yes, I’ve tried the Dyson, the GHD, the T3… all of them. The Steampod is my favorite, the steam makes a big difference for my thick hair. I’m a bit frizz-prone, and this can really cut down on that.
• T3 Edge Heated Smoothing & Styling Brush: I got this brush a few weeks ago, just for super quick touch ups. I was also really intrigued by the hot strip along the edge of the brush, which I hoped would help me make sleeker looks than a similar heated brush would make. And yes, it does make a difference! I heat it up while doing my makeup, then use it for 1-2 minutes tops. It’s a super fast touch up for me, but I haven’t tried using it to completely straighten my hair.
Things that I have my eye on for friends and family…
• Fenty Lil Butta Dropz Mini Whipped Oil Body Cream Trio: Ok, this is one I’m looking at for myself! This is the perfect size for travel. I’m a big fan of the Fenty Butta Dropz, and I’m at the point I won’t travel without it in my bag. This is a great way to try out some of the other versions if you haven’t branched out yet.
• Dior Addict Beauty Ritual Set: Pictured here, I already picked this one up because it has 2 of my favorite lip products and a really high quality velvet makeup bag. It’s great to give someone this season.
• Laneige Midnight Minis Set: The Laneige lip mask is a cult favorite for a reason, and I love that there are so many great flavors to try in this set!
• tarte best of maracuja juicy lips set: My daughter and her friends are all huge Tarte Juicy lip fans. I’ll probably buy a couple of these to keep for impromptu pre-teen presents!
• Caudalie Moisturizing Hand Cream Trio: I’ve bought versions of this set in the past, I love keeping a mini hand cream in my purse.
What are you adding to your cart today?
Sponsored Post This post is a collaboration with Sephora but all product choices and opinions are my own.
#Planning #Cart #Sephora #Savings #Event